Friday 25 March 2011

Awesome sunset and other pretty things

Yesterday evening my neighbour came a knocking to let me know that "officially, there is an awesome sunset". She wasn't wrong, these pics don't really do it justice, but what colours. We live on a hill, sheletered by trees (thankfully, because it can get very windy), but beyond the trees have amazing panoramic views.







Finally (some) of the daffs are fully in bloom. These ones are by the pond, which is magical at the moment, full of very noisy toads, it's a lovely time of year when the weather is as good as it's been this week. We moved here a year ago and this time last year the weather couldn't have been worse. Snow, rain, and mud, mud, mud.



I am rubbish and remembering to take "before" pictures. In front of our barn has been looking decidedly shanty town for far too long, (probably just as well I don't have a before picture). It has been undergoing a bit of a tidy up. My right arm is a bit worse for wear from exposing some pretty slate cobbles from underneath mud and weeds, but it's starting to look prettier. In a rustic way.


5 comments:

  1. The sunsets are beautiful, we do love a good sunset. I do envy your Spring as we head further into Autumn, Spring is my fav season. Although we have had a few lovely sunny days and still in short sleeved clothing.
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid sunset! Our daffodils have just started, as has the cherry blossom.
    Your barn looks very rustic! I'd love to live somewhere like that. One day maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely barn, is it as lovely inside as outside I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might need to do some cobweb and dusting admin before showing the inside! Sue of The Quince Tree posted this great thing on her blog - one of my all time fave blog posts http://thequincetree65.blogspot.com/2010/03/corners-of-my-home.html

    I may be able to beat her crud, but have a few OK corners. Watch this space, I may be brave one day. BTW, Fi, I love your shop artwork. I want to get a paintbrush out (to do art rather than DIY) but it scares me. Blogs inspire me a lot, so I hope I will take the plunge and do some art again soon.

    Sandi, I love Spring, but in fact I am learning to love all of the seasons - they are very different here, rather than merging into each other. We had an extreme winter, but have enjoyed the beginning of a warm spring - albeit late up here.

    Aisha, it's lovely here - I mostly feel very lucky, but the climate is challenging, especially in terms of growing veggies and being a non-driver makes things more so. For the first time in my life (and I'm 40) I'm feeling that I need to pass my driving test. This fills me with fear, but it will make life different for me, perhaps in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great, Sue. Thanks for the tutorial. I am tempted to challenge you to a crud off!

    ReplyDelete