Tuesday 1 March 2011

Mundane Pleasures

Blue skies and the first time I've hung washing outside this year.




The ex-battery girls scratching around in their "summer home" - away from the food growing areas, but still very much free range. 



The daily eggs they provide us - they are amazing laying machines and have been laying all through the harsh winter we've had here. Daffodils from the garden, nearly in flower.




A view across one of our fields.





A finished crochet project. (Well, apart from the darning in, I hate that bit, but my daughter has just learned how to do it, so maybe I can use some child labour).




Looking forward to my daughter getting home from school. Because I am unable to work at the moment I am a stay at home mum for the first time since I went back to work after having her - when she was about 14 months old. I need to work, but I can't deny that it's been lovely to be here being a mum and a housewife - a breadmaker rather than a breadwinner.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Neighbour. My camera is now working again so will join you on recording the lovelier corners of where we live...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jen, found you via Lucy, I also am a follower of Sue and Alice and Fiona, am finding the blog world a 'small' world. It is a lovely way to meet new friends and see some amazing photos of the UK and surrounds, I live in Australia and dream of visiting (a long visit) the UK one day.
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi,

    thanks for visiting and commenting. I live in the UK, but my brother is near Brisbane and I've not seen him for years - meantime he's married a lovely newzealander and had 2 kids. I feel a connection with Australia because of him, but also I worked with a load of aussie girls in London about (errrr)a few years back. I also worked with a lovely newzealander from Christchurch, who probably went back home - as most of do. I don't watch the news - out of choice, and that makes my life better, but of course, you log on and see what's going on. I hope my old friends, family etc are OK. We are lucky (at the moment) in the UK - we have not experienced too much freak/ extreme weather, but this may all change. Anyway - let's pull up the positive pants and crochet away!

    thanks for commenting

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete