Sunday 3 April 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Sadly, (well, not for her!) my mum lives in France, so we've had to make do with a 'phone call. I don't see as much of her as I'd like.

I have spent the day with my lovely 10 year old daughter, who has been very sweet. I was presented with a home made card and some daffs from the garden. Perfect, and I'm liking the gingham ribbon that she pinched out of one of my jars of goodies, nice touch!



In between listening to" the official chart" (her, not me, I'm unable to listen to radio 1 these days) and packing her up to go on a 3 day residential tomorrow, we have sat and crocheted together. I taught her a few basics (well, that's all I can do, really) last year and she took to it much quicker than I did. I feel really proud of her about lots of things and it's a particular joy to share an enjoyment of this craft with her.




My sweet, clever girl.

Happy mothers day!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely post, our Mother's Day is next month.
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh are you ok, we haven't heard from you in a while and good old blogger deleted one (or more) of your posts, hope you don't pay for bloggers services, I would be asking for a refund.
    Hope to hear from you soon xx Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen,
    You're the winner of my giveaway! Please let me know which owl you would like, and send me your address so I can send you the goodies. You can contact me aishakenza at yahoo dot co dot uk.
    Looking forward to hearing from you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen there is a blog award on my blog for you if you wish to grab it.
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete