Saturday 26 February 2011

Spring is in the air



It's been a beautiful day, unfortunately my painful back meant that I couldn't do the stuff I really wanted to be doing in the garden. Never mind, I've had a pleasant potter in the kitchen , we have guests later and I'm feeding ten.

I did get out to take some pictures.Whilst putting them on the laptap I was reminded that my photography skills are not the best - in fact I get plenty of micky taking about it in this house. Perhaps this blogging malarky will help me improve.

One of the wonderful things about our set up here is that the children (my one and my neighbour's three) have such an amazing environment to play in together. They (mostly) get on really well and have spent most of the day outside. All very wholesome and lovely. They are experiencing what I feel a lot of children now don't have a chance to. They have quite a lot of freedom which is great.

Something had them engrossed.


The pond is teeming with frogs and spawn, they are surprisingly noisy.




A recurring theme in this blog is likely to be our late, short growing season, I'm sure that many people are enjoying their daffodils, ours are still a little way off. I've picked some in the hope that they may warm up and open up indoors.




The snowdrops are at their best now.




And there is a little bit of colour to be found. I have no idea what this is, but it's pretty. (See what I mean about my photographs? The blue pipe doesn't really enhance it).




I also took a picture of the first shoots of wild garlic (ramsons) which we had a lovely crop of last year, but I'd managed to capture a rusty old lighter, so that one is not going to be included. We need to move the chickens, they've been very free range all winter, but we don't want them plopping on the ramsons and they are actually really irritating if you are trying to do anything in the garden, they lack any sense of danger which is not good combined with a garden fork. They will still be free range, just not where we are growing stuff.

2 comments: